Monday, May 9, 2011

Maija's Birthday

13.
My daughter, my first born baby girl is now 13 years old.


I don't have a lot to say about this because it is still sort of sinking in and I may be in a bit of denial over the whole thing.



Because I swear she was just as tiny as Saoirse not 3 seconds ago and who exactly does time think it is anyways, taking my baby girl and rushing her childhood right along?



Please.Slow.Down.







Her four grown-ups (parents and step parents) gave her a group gift this year and so we met at the park to give it to her.



At first she thought it was just another purse...





Until upon further review she found something special inside.



I may have mentioned this before, but Maija listens to music non-stop. Needless to say she was thrilled with her new iPod.



She requested an apple pie instead of a cake and it was still piping hot and fresh from the oven when we sat down to sing, much too hot for candles so we improvised with a donut and then we all had a slice of pie. A la mode.



I love you baby girl, bag lady and all. Someday we'll be old and wrinkly together (yes, even you) and I'll tell you a hundred stories about what it was like being your mom and just how lucky I felt every step of the way.

No comments: