Monday, August 30, 2010

New School

Another first day of school over here. This time for Mr. Micah. He started at his new school this morning and I watched him wiggling and fidgeting his way through his first all school ceremony....



Not exactly the best shot, but it was full sun out there and I was trying to be discreet mom, you know the mom who doesn't make a scene with her camera and embarrass her kid in the process?



That's more like it...



His teacher seems sweet, and there are only 14 other kids in his class (they keep all the classrooms at 15 kids max.) so we are really excited for this new chapter in his education. But I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I'm a bit nervous and honestly a bit sad that we had to say goodbye to the elementary school we've been sharing "first" days with for many many years now. Still, 15 kids per 1.5 teachers? I mean, how great is that? Oh and would you just look at the time, Micah should be getting picked up by his dad right about now and available to take phone calls. I can't wait to hear all about his first day of second grade and what he thinks about his new school....

No comments: