Sunday, September 27, 2009

Intentions


On Friday we skipped the gym and took off for the Zoo instead. The babies are such creatures of routine that as I was packing our bags and preparing for the morning they kept questioning my intentions.

"Get ready go gym? Get ready go gym? Go gym? Go gym? Momma come back?
Momma come back." (the momma bit is a particular favorite of Nuala's, and she waivers between asking me and reminding herself).

So they were a little thrown off when I repeatedly told them that we were not going to the gym. "Momma come back?", Nuala asked again, perhaps wondering if I would be leaving them on their own wherever we were going. Once we actually got to the Zoo, they began to fully understand my intentions and I didn't hear one more peep about the gym or my disappearing acts.



I think it's important to note that trips like this are possible because of THIS stroller. The big KAHUNA. The once thorn in the side of my marriage, has blossomed into the magic carpet of parenting, and while I still feel the need to do a thorough and proper review of it at some point in the near future, for now let me just say that life is smooth sailing with this vehicle to guide us.



The twins take turns sitting in the "high seat" and help me to remember who gets it next.


And they usually don't mind sitting in the low seat either, although let's face it, the high seat is in high demand.




After a quick bite on the road (brown bag lunch from home), we checked out the reptile house before piling back into the van. Do you know how long it takes to get three kids into their car seats? Ever wonder what the other 2 do while I buckle in the first, or how long it takes to unpack and fold down the stroller? It's a lot, but I've got a pretty decent system by now. Phew, sometimes I'm tired just thinking about it!

Here's the middle row, still rear facing of course, don't worry, I DID buckle him in before pulling out.

No comments: