Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sick

It all started on Sunday when Ruari got out of the shower looking absolutely green, like seriously green, like I got scared when I looked at her green. Naturally she puked the afternoon away, rather impressively, might I add, for someone who only weighs 62 pounds.

Well that sucks I thought to myself, but I managed to stay optimistic. She'd spent the night before on a sleepover with her grandparents and the twins had been with Sarah and my 2 M's had been with yet another set of grandparents. So I stayed optimistic thinking that perhaps our divide and conquer approach to Saturday date night had also managed to contain the passage of germs.

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Man was I ever wrong.
Last night I woke up at 2 am to the dreaded realization that I myself was sick.
Brendan stayed home all day to help with the babies as I couldn't manage to get out of bed until late in the afternoon, at which point Nuala and Oscar made it quite clear that they were also sick and decided to prove it in practically every single room of our house. Yuck. I finally had enough sense to roll up their carpet and gate them in their bedroom, at least this provided us with a controlled environment.

Poor Saoirse drifted off to sleep 3 hours early tonight, and I can't yet tell if she was simply tired or if perhaps it's her body's natural defense against our microscopic intruder. Time will tell.

The only saving grace in all of this is that Brendan and I seem to have worked as a tag team, I am now on the mend (it's a fairly quick recovery) and he is now layed up in bed. I would have hated to see how things could have unfolded had we both been hit with it at the exact same time.

Hope you and yours are all healthy and tucked in tight and cozy. I have a feeling it is going to be a LONG night here in the Ojibirish household.

No comments: