Friday, June 4, 2010

The Hush


Dear Saoirse,
I love you.

Thank you so much for coming into our lives and making our family complete. I am grateful every single day for you. When you nuzzle in for a hug and kiss me with your big wide drooly grin, well it melts my heart. And when you look at me, during one of our long staring contests, when it's just us and everything slows down and hushes and I swear I can hear your lashes touching every time you blink, it feels like we have known each other for much longer than just one year.

I have been waiting for you my entire life and finally getting to meet you and hold you and kiss and love you, well, it is the greatest gift that any mother could ever wish for. A privilege that I shall not take for granted.
I promise to spend the rest of my life showing you how much it means to me.

Love,
Momma


More from her birthday to follow shortly, right now I'm going to go and curl up with Mr. Skittle and talk about where we were a year ago tonight. Skittles wasn't born until 10:22pm and I believe that right about now I was rudely informing everyone within earshot that I was going to die and could they please just take me to an operating room, or maybe just put me to sleep for a little bit? Not exactly the calmest birth story (I felt bad afterwards for any of the first timers listening from down the hall), but none of that mattered the second she was born.
Did I ever even write a birth story for her?

No comments: