Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Worth It

Last week the Mr. and I stole away to Door County for a quiet weekend getaway. What can I say? We had a great time. I discovered a yarn shop that motivated me to start knitting again, a coffee shop that made the best chocolate frappes you would ever want to sip on and a beautiful stretch of Lake Michigan that everyone should get to explore at least once in their lifetime.

Plus. Did you know Door County is famous for their cherries? Who knew?



























































In case I haven't mentioned it in a while, I simply adore this man. I might just be the luckiest for he is surely the best. Happy Anniversary honey.









*Here's the new scarf project I started a few days ago*




















The other night I was laying in the front yard taking pictures of the sky when suddenly Ruari was above me with a questioning look on her face.

"Aren't you embarrassed?".

"No. Look at the sky.".



Soon enough we were both laying in the grass not worrying about what anyone else thought about us.



Otherwise it's just life as usual around these parts.





*Making progress.....*


*I finally made it back to the salon for a trim and a flat iron*


*Less than 3 hours later I kissed that pretty salon hair goodbye*






It was totally worth it though because I got to party underwater with this little lady. All summer long Nuala has been studying the other kids at the pool as they dive in and out of the water. I felt like a lousy mom since it was obvious that many of her peers have already earned honor roll status at swim school while Nuala hasn't had so much as a rec class.

What she lacks in formal training she more than makes up for in determination.














Micah took the swim test at our usual swim park at least 14 times before they finally passed him. You should have seen him on the day that they finally granted him a password, beyond ecstatic, and I was so proud of him because it takes courage to keep trying something after being told no a few times. He passed at the Y and at neighboring pools and even at the Quarry where you know they have strict rules on account of it's as deep as, well, however deep a quarry is.....but for some reason our pool just gave him a really hard time. He just kept right on trying. I know grown ups who would have given up, but not him.

At the "high dive pool" as we like to call it since it's the only pool in our area that has one, he didn't even have to take a test, he could hardly believe it and was thrilled to have a go at it.







Tomorrow is Friday, now go out and mess up that pretty hair do, it's worth it, I promise.


1 comment:

Lori said...

I can't wait to see how that scarf turns out!~lori