Saturday, September 15, 2012

Door County

We went to Door County this summer for our anniversary. Just me and World's Greatest, well and the baby of course who was a great little travel companion all summer long. Back in July we celebrated this little thing called our fifth wedding anniversary and snuck away for a long weekend to cherry country.



Last year we stayed right in the city (if you can call Sturgeon Bay a city....), but this time around we found a great little B&B on the outskirts of town and it was simply gorgeous.







Plus they had their very own Beyonce.





As it turns out, wood is the traditional gift of the fifth year. I tried not to take it to heart that this tree was split in half next to the gazebo. Broken wood doesn't scare me.



Especially since the fruit was still ripe and delicious.



We did all the usual touristy long weekend away stuff.

































Did I mention it's been 5 years? Also, I haven't been able to fit my rings since we got back.






*Does it ever creep you out when the whirl pool is just hanging out like right smack dab in the middle of your room? Yeah, me too*

























And this next display, well it was so beautiful and elaborate with tons of fun stuff to smile about...



Embrace, Love, Dream, sure, sure.







What's hilarious about this is the fact that it's in a bathroom. Not even in a bathroom, but this WAS the bathroom. A stall-less bathroom. You can't tell, but I had to carefully crop this shot in order to keep the commode at bay. Seriously. I ran out to the car to grab my camera, and then stood in line all over again just to get back in here and take these like a total weirdo. Am I the only one who has never been in a ladies room like this? I almost wanted to buy something, but I knew it would always be "the thing I bought in a bathroom in Door County", and who needs that?



Still, we had a wonderful time and I can't believe how lucky we were to sneak in one last getaway before baby. I think all the cool kids are calling it a "baby moon" nowadays.





Plus, World's Greatest gifted me this beautiful wooden vanity (bureau) and so that broken peach tree never stood a chance of spooking this happily married mama.





Yes Door County was amazing, but it is always nice to return home, at the end of the day home is where my heart wants to be.



No comments: