1) She is still a very happy and "easy" baby, her temperament is fairly laid back and she is more than happy to go with the chaotic flow of her daily large family life. She is exclusively breast fed, is rarely offered a bottle and even more rarely accepting of a bottle, so it's still basically me and her. BFF's. We'll start introducing some solids soon, but there is no rush. For now she is still "mine" when it comes to this aspect of life and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
2) Our nights vary but are easy enough. We're still using the Rock N Play. She nurses to sleep between 9-10pm and is usually down until 3am. Some nights she'll go all the way until 5 or 6 without a peep, but most nights lately she wants to nurse and cuddle and be brought into bed next to me. She nurses and goes right back to sleep and on these nights we wind up co-sleeping because that's what works best for us. She's still swaddled at least 90% of nights and for about 50% of naps.
3) Teeth. Ugh. There are two of them now and they've finally wiggled free and cut through her gums. She is learning new meal time etiquette accordingly.
4) She sits up and is still very wobbly and tentative but extremely proud nonetheless. She loves to hang out in the living room and watch the older kids. Actually she loves to watch them pretty much everywhere, with perhaps the exception of Oisin who has been extra rough lately and needs constant reminders to be gentle with her.
5) The Jumperoo is one her favorite activities and it's so cute to watch her workout in it. She knows how to circle around in the seat and loves to jump up and down. We keep a stationary exersaucer in the kitchen for when we need to set her down in there, but she doesn't like it nearly as much as the jumper. We still have the activity mat with the piano for her to kick (I can't lie, the batteries died and were never replaced) and a little bouncy seat that is still occasionally put to use, but honestly she's really outgrown them both and I should probably pack them up and send them on their way. We already said goodbye to one swing a few weeks ago and I'm once again reminded just how fast babies grow.
6) She's in 6-12 month clothing, with 9M being the sweet spot right now. Our 6 month check up isn't until the end of October but I'm guessing she's around 18 pounds.
7) Just like Oisin, her hair is falling out and she's nearly bald at this point. Ah well, it'll grow back! My own postpartum hair loss just began so I figure we can be bald together.
8) She adores Brendan, despite the fact that he cannot feed her, he somehow managed to worm his way into her heart. He's a baby charmer ya'll. Case closed.
9) Stranger danger just kicked in this past week and she doesn't want to be held by anyone unfamiliar, nope don't even think about it.
10) She's the baby and this is the last time I will go through these milestones and because of that I'm in no hurry whatsoever to rush things. She is lovely just the way she is right now, even when she wakes me up at 3am. As is the case with all my babies, I am totally head over heels in love with her and feel as if she's been here much longer than 6 short months.