Friday, May 14, 2010

To Market We Go


A few months ago I entered a design challenge at my local yarn shop. As usual, I procrastinated for as long as possible before scrambling for last minute motivation, which, let's face it, was half hearted at best.

Luckily for me, I am a master procrastinator, and wound up loving the finished product whole heartedly.


I knit the bag in the round and then felted it in the washing machine, it was intended to be a market bag, but I'm still fresh to this whole felting thing and I need to work on my dimensions a little bit, so now it's a cute little hand bag instead. Once it was dry, I needle felted the flower and "polished" it up with straps and a lining.


This bag was a lot of fun to make and I've already cast on another. I'm thinking about adding zippers and even a pocket this time.


I dropped the bag off at the yarn shop yesterday, 2 full days AHEAD of the deadline, and had a hard time leaving it behind. I can't wait to get it back!


2 comments:

abbe said...

it's adorable! there are so many fun things you can do with a bag like that. hope you get it back soon to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog. Your knitting/felting/sewing is very impressive, as is your photography and your mothering skills. Thanks again for joining us!