Thursday, May 20, 2010

Triathlon

Guess what?!?
I signed up to do a triathlon.
Well, a triathlon sprint, which is shorter.....

A year ago today I weighed 100 pounds more than I do right now, so a sprint may as well be a marathon! I am so excited and honestly, I can't stop thinking about it and talking about it and dreaming about it, I mean I am REALLY EXCITED. And in this excitement I decided to start another blog devoted entirely to the next 8 weeks of triathlon training. I figure that all my loved ones will be sick of hearing about it in about 2 more hours, so maybe if I journal the experience it will take some of the pressure off of those who bear the brunt of my ramblings, you know, Brendan, the kids, strangers on the street, the cashier at the grocery store.....to name just a few! I'm telling you, I am on a training rampage. Plus, if I can write about it somewhere else, then you won't have to hear about it here all the time either.

I'm not anticipating a ton of traffic, but feel free to check it out once in a while to see the progress I am making. Now turn the computer off and get outside for an evening walk with a loved one or two or in my case, nine.