Sunday, October 21, 2012

Yada Yada

The baby is asleep. Nuala is sick. Ruari is sick.
Someone at Nuala's school has strep.
Someone at Ruari's school has Pertussis.
I'm really hoping that we just have colds.

Finn called me from school last week to let me know he quite possibly broke his nose in gym class. One urgent care trip later confirmed a fracture and he is now sporting 2 black eyes, poor guy.

Maija and Sidhe had parent teacher conferences last week. Their teachers think they're amazing.
We knew this already, but it's always nice to have additional confirmation.

The baby will be turning 4 weeks on Wednesday. What?
I still have a birth story to write. I am going to make myself finish it before this next milestone occurs.
Okay, make myself start it?

I ordered a new stroller, which should be arriving tomorrow.
Have I ever told you how much I love new strollers?
Probably obvious seeing as how I'm on baby number 6 and still ordering such things.
IN my defense, our last awesome stroller was actually a double/triple monster of a contraption (remember "the nanny"? Our giant Valco?). Yeah, I have no real need for her anymore, so I downgraded to a Valco single. I'll probably take some pictures of her, since I like that sort of thing.

Tonight I took a mini nap with Nuala and Oisín. He nursed and drifted off on my right while Nuala curled up under the blanket, pressed up on my left. It was heavenly even after the phone woke me up and the cup of coffee from earlier in the day (my first cup of coffee in MONTHS) made it impossible for me to fall back asleep.

Coffee and the fact that I was literally squished between two sleeping babes.
I didn't mind though, their little warm bodies and hushed snores sort of made my heart a little bit melty.

Maija started taking tap lessons at the studio again. At the start of the semester I was all "Oh, I'm having a baby and you already take dance lessons at school every single day and there is no need for you to be going to a studio all the way in that one place that is far far away from our house and there is no way I am driving you way out there, no siree bob, yada, yada, you get the point...". Yet another shiny parenting moment for me to add to my collection.

And then last week I was driving down the road minding my own business when a John Mayer song came on the radio, and it totally reminded me of that one time at her tap recital when she fell flat on her face during the performance and immediately sprang back up and continued tapping like it was just part of the routine with a big old grin on her face, remember? So there I was in the car, listening to John Mayer (who I don't even really like by the way) getting all teary eyed, partly because I was suddenly consumed with guilt and partly because I am still so proud of her for that magnificent come back.

At any rate, I called the studio that same day and girl is back in her tap shoes like she never took them off.
























*I am in love, IN LOVE, with this man*
















*Photo props, many of which went back to the store*












*Nuala and Oscar eat lunch at school 2 days a week now and I am having too much fun packing their lunches. No, seriously, is that not the cutest kitty bento box you have ever seen in your life? Plus the reusable cloth baggies? Love.*









1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the cat in the edge of the last picture. Did I miss Micah in there somewhere? Hope your kidlets get to feeling better, sans pertussis or strep. Snuggles with baby and younguns are awesome. I just held on to Will for a good extra ten minutes enjoying his perfect face, and the stillness as he napped after nursing after church.