Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ruari

Dear Ruari,
Happy Birthday.
I love you.
You are amazing.
I honestly cannot believe how old you are all of a sudden!

I still remember when you were a teeny tiny little girl, so curious and so perceptive. You have always been so in tune to the pulse of our family, a natural born leader of sorts. I love how you have so many ideas and share your gifts so generously.

With patience.
With humor.
With a kind heart.
With joy.











We had to sing and eat cake the night before your actual birthday, but I don't think anyone really minded too much...











I had some helpers when it was time to make the cakes.









Down to one slice in less than 4 minutes!

















Awesome Dr. Who shirt from Dad....















As is often the case, our kitchen was completely stressed out after dinner (but honestly, it always is!).



Don't worry we brought it back from the brink.



I hope you had a lovely birthday darling, but have an an even better time being 13 for a year!



Otherwise, it's business as usual around here.















I am on day four of my Operation Skinny Jeans. I won't bore you with the details, but basically I want to get back into shape. My pregnancy really did a number on me. Okay, I did a number on me during pregnancy, but either way I would like to get back into my pre-pregnancy lifestyle (and wardrobe) by next summer. So far it's been a struggle to get motivated, there is just so much going on every day distracting me, not to mention the fact that I have an enormous sweet tooth.

Anyways, I am on day four and will be thrilled to make it to day 21 or so. Usually by the third week it starts to feel like a lifestyle and not like a challenge. I'm not doing a diet, I just need to get back to eating healthy whole foods and exercising again.

I'm documenting each day over HERE at my new blog, Operation Skinny Jeans.
Another blog? Really? When I can barely keep us with this one?
Yes, but only because I  really, no REALLY, need to get back in shape and I'm hoping it will help me stay motivated. Feel free to peek in and help me stay accountable.

No comments: