Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Five Hundred




So apparently this is my 500th post here at 120 Fingers. I didn't really know what I was doing all those years ago when I first started documenting our lives on this blog, back when there were only 10 of us and Saoirse wasn't even born yet. To be honest, I still don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing here, but I know that like anything else in life it goes through cycles and has obviously changed over the years, much like our family, and I'm okay with it remaining an informal way to share a few glimpses into what the present moment looks like because as we all know…..life is always changing. I have a lot of fun looking back and it's a great reminder of the bigger picture I was talking about in my last post. We get so caught up in the tiny details of the daily grind that we forget sometimes just how fast life is moving us forward. It's been five years since I first posted and I can't believe how much has changed. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much will change again in the next five. Just think, in five years the kids will be 22, 21, 19, 18, 15, 11, 11, 9, 6 and 5. Wow, what is that going to look like?

I've been making up for all my non-nesting in strange ways lately. With a compulsion to take photos of every single thing, ambition to pull out the Kitchen Aid daily for some fresh bakery and the need to stock the pantry with enough non-perishables to feed us for weeks and weeks. Nothing is going to run out. Ever. Not on my watch. Still no cleaning though, a bit of de-cluttering perhaps but no scrubbing, not yet. I'm only 35w3d along so there is still plenty of time, although between you and me I'd be perfectly happy to have a March baby at this point. 36 weeks is considered full term isn't it?

Micah is home sick today, Maija was home sick yesterday, Saoirse is complaining that she feels sick (usually only around dinner time) and the baby is acting like he is still sick but mainly just in spirit. I'm hoping this virus is squashed and soon. Fingers crossed please. 














































Flash back to our 2013 Christmas card that never came to be….




But seriously bring on the bunnies, we're ready for spring….















No comments: