Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reminder

There is dried breakfast cereal on the table.
There are half chewed red pepper slices on the floor.
Dirty dishes piled sky high in the kitchen and a sippy cup wedged between two couch cushions.

There are about 300 teeny tiny scraps of paper on my bedroom floor from our art project this morning along with hints of marker on just about everything including fingers and toes. There is laundry and kitty litter and shoveling and an ever growing to do list. I stayed in my pajamas until noon today, the babies didn't seem to mind.

It's going to be one of those slow motion days around here and instead of beating myself up for it, or feeling nearly sick to my stomach with guilt over it, I am going to try and simply enjoy it.
Every single mess, every single chore, every single item on the do list can wait. That list doesn't mean anything and it's not what I'm going to remember 20 years from now. It's not real.

And the tub can wash away all those messy marker prints.









That's all I got. Just a simple reminder to myself about what really matters.

No comments: