Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Reason #79

I can think of a million and 28 reasons why I am so incredibly lucky to have found Brendan, and all of the challenges I faced along the road before our two paths crossed and twined into one were very difficult to say the least, but I made it and I am a better person because of it, well somedays……

For anyone who doesn’t know, Brendan loves to cook, which is probably one of the reasons I fell in love with him. He studies recipes and lovingly shelves carefully selected cook books. He keeps his spice jars full and stocks the pantry with plenty of Penzey’s reserves. He haunts the farmers market (along with the Asian Grocery) to select the freshest ingredients and always cooks from scratch. He prepares elaborate meals from all over the world and truly ENJOYS the entire process…..except maybe the cleaning up.

Had I never met Brendan, had we never fallen in love, I would still be eating frozen pizza for dinner and trying to convince Maija that eggs are a miraculous source of protein at any time of day (or night). If I didn’t have this wonderful person cooking delicious and creative dinners for our family every night, I would still be eating instant noodle dishes.

So there you have it, reason #79~Ramen Noodles.

No comments: