Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pow Wow

We recently loaded up two cars and took our entire family to the UWM Pow Wow.



I'm ashamed to admit that this was the twins first time at a pow wow. They've been to Indian Summer a number of times, but I've never had them sit for a Grand Entry before. They were very interested in everything that was happening.



Micah was happy because his school was one of the four drums there.



We didn't stay too long, but everyone had a nice time and some of us even got to dance a few intertribals.



I'm glad we went. Micah got to see a lot of friends and families from his new school, not to mention some teachers and even his principal! He seems to be adjusting really well to his new environment and I'm so thankful that it appears to be a good fit for him.


2 comments:

:pG said...

I teared up AND got chills! All before 10 am. How very wonderful. We didn't get to have a pow wow here in Turtle Lake this year. The ones up here are radio broadcast, however. How cool is that?

Holy moly does Micah look like Isaac in that pic! He always looks like mini Jason!!

Kritkrat said...

I love going to Celebration up here. I'd love to see how a pow wow compares...

http://hickatheart.blogspot.com/2010/06/celebration-2010.html