Saturday, July 24, 2010

Curly Cue

Miss Saoirse has changed so much in the last year it's not even funny! And I'm not just talking about the standard transformation that all newborns go through on their way to the first frosted candle, oh no, I'm talking MAJOR changes. Like how about the fact that when she was first born she looked like a little Ojibwe baby and I thought "oh, I finally got one that takes after momma". Yep, that was short lived. Which is totally just peachy keen in my book, I think she is the cat's meow no matter what, but the transformation is undeniable nonetheless.



Not only did her brown skin turn white, not only did her dark eyes settle decidedly on a very light shade of blue, but now it is becoming clear that she is somewhat of a curly cue and I have no idea where that came from! Oh, just look at this sweetest of smiles.



And these curliest of cues. She is simply gorgeous.



Here's her new thing, trying to be just like the twins.....Speaking of which, did I ever mention that they are in fact potty trained now and it was a breeze? That's right. I no longer have 3 kids in diapers!



We went to a family reunion picnic last weekend, which was a lot of fun.



Look at this baby face, Miss Julia sure does love her blanket!



Speaking of blue eyes, don't you just want to kiss her cute chubby cheeks?



While we spent most of the day swimming, eating and playing Frisbee, there was time for a chess game as well.



And time to force Mary and Jeff into some lovely poses.



And who could forget about this handsome dog?



So laid back. So casual. So cool.



He finally agreed to wear his new sunhat (thank you Antigo Goodwill) once I pointed out that it had the "Hungry Caterpillar" it. Which by the way it totally does not, but he has a hard time with change of any kind (yes, Mr. cool and laid back is actually sort of Mr. particular when it comes to these sorts of things) and so I needed a little creative persuasion. And it IS a Caterpillar, and who knows, maybe it is a little hungry too.



So I'm thinking about getting a new lens for my Rebel as I've been using the kit lens for a year now and am ready to expand. My gut is telling me to get the "nifty fifty" but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

No comments: