Monday, July 5, 2010

The Road


There is a special place nestled in the north woods....


This weekend we followed the road until we found ourselves tucked away in it's loving embrace. And even though camping is hard work and even though it requires a ton of planning and foresight and even though it is incredibly DIRTY (especially for a non-walker like Saoirse) we feel incredibly lucky to have spent this weekend in the woods with family and friends. Thank you Bill and Jill for sharing your home with us.


My childhood memories are full of tents and starry skies and fire pits and northern woods and so it means a great deal to me to be able to share all of this and more with my children as they make their own memories.




(Just check out this little cutie, Lucky dog.....)


We made a stop at my family land on the way home for a clay drop, some leg stretching and a little snack time.


2 comments:

Terri Johnson, Ph.D. said...

awesome...the pics are beautiful

Crittle said...

Wow. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog and leading me to your beautiful family. I mean it. Gorgeous!