Tuesday, February 17, 2009

State Fair


One of the many joys of being a wholesome midwestern girl includes The State Fair.
Each year we load up a car or two, try to find decent parking, take advantage of any deals at the main gates and the midway (last year was donating school supplies for a reduced admission price) and of course eat cream puffs or at least die of laughter trying.






Even when I was 7 months pregnant with the twins I somehow still managed to trek thru the fair grounds for the better part of a sunny afternoon although I do remember hobbling my way home. This past year was a lot easier since I got to push them in a stroller instead and I even had Maija volunteering to carry some of the load....




Really, the rides are where it is at for our crowd, myself and Brendan not included, the kids love to get the midway wristbands which allow them unlimited access to their favorite amusements: Swings, catapults, whorlie gigs, ferris wheels and nose dives. You name it and they usually want to ride it.....








Either way, ours is a Fair family and we usually always leave with a hunger for "next time" along with at least 70 sore toes!



***I think it is only fair to point out that Sarah and Mary both enjoy the fair (probably even more than me and Brendan, let's face it our devotion is partially out of pure obligation) and they usually always find a day to take some of the kids back for another go round, thanks you guys!***

No comments: