Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ferry Time

Throughout my own childhood years I took many trips to Devil's Lake. My grandpa, Ace, was an avid outdoorsman and we made a fall trip to the Devil's Lake campground annually. One of the highlights of our drive was a trip across the Wisconsin River aboard a car ferry, so I was really looking forward to taking our own kids on the ferry. You know it never ceases to amaze me, the way everything gets much smaller as you grow older. I remember the ferry being very large and the river being very wide. Alas, this is no longer the case now that I am 29. When we reached the loading dock and looked across the river I couldn't help but giggle a little bit at just how short a ride it would be, as the other shore looked like a mere hop skip and jump away!







No comments: