Saturday, January 31, 2009

100%

Thursday morning brought the phone call we have all been waiting for...

"Samantha, this is Andrea the genetics counselor, I just got your final results in and....big sigh of relief, everything looks absolutely normal."

I thanked her politely before hanging up and then I screamed at the top of my lungs and danced around the living room in a crazy release of energy. The babies watched this quietly, debating amongst themselves how they should react to such a scene. In the end all 3 of us were whopping and hollering and jumping around in wild celebration with our hearts wide open and our guards completely down. I called Brendan at work to share the good news and after talking a bit about how happy and relieved we were, I began to have a relapse....

Me: How often do you think they get patient test results mixed up? Like, how do we know FOR SURE that those were OUR results?

Brendan: (Long Pause)............Honey? I'm hanging up the phone now.

And this is why I love the man I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with, he knows exactly when to pull me back down to reality and helps keep me grounded when I begin to drift again. Our baby, while quite possibly missing one tiny nasal bone, does not in fact have Down Syndrome and we now know this for sure, one hundred percent. I suppose when you are the youngest of eight children you have to try and get attention any way you possibly can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking good!

Anonymous said...

That's such wonderful news, Sam! :) Looking forward to hearing more from you as the pregnancy progresses! :)